The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season begins October 3rd.
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 is titled Balance. source
- Book 4 premieres Friday, October 3rd, on nick.com and presumably other online distributors. source
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long - Chapter 4 is titled The Calling. source
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- In Australia, Book 4 will premiere in January/February 2015. It is certain that the US premiere is earlier. source
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
- Book 4’s villain will be a new threat, not a direct tie to the Red Lotus. source
- The Airbenders will take on a peackeeping Jedi Knight-like role. source
On September 1st, 2014, a commercial for Book 3 on Nicktoons began airing, which includes a clip from Book 4 featuring Kuvira.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. Book 4 footage of her looking evil was also released accidentally. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
Book 4 is officially done and on its way! More and more information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!
Click through for an archive of older updates and speculation.
From the fantastic world of San-X, this the new Sumikko Gurashi “bento” lunchbox, at a time kawaii and really well made.
[×, ×, ×]
matsumoto jun: a mini guide [2/2]
i mISTOOK THE POLE CAP FOR PART OF ITS FACE
OH MY GOD SO DID I.
Hwang Gi Ppeum by Ced Pakusevskij for Claudia Ligari AW14
Maison Martin Margiela Spring / Summer 2015